I saw a recipe in a magazine several months ago for zucchini cakes but I can’t remember which one. I tried to create what I could come up with from memory and love how they turned out.
They make a wonderful side dish or I have even had them for lunch by themselves. I do put plain Greek yogurt on the side too.
Here’s my recipe:
2 small zucchini, grated
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp of basil
1 cup of panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Grate zucchini and squeeze to remove water.
- Combine all ingredients (except olive oil)
- Form mixture into patties
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Turn and bake for an additional 15 minutes until crispy, golden brown.
Related posts:(Some of these may no longer be available)