I just made this simple and great Spinach Pie today for lunch. I took a recipe for Spanakopita and another one for a Ricotta Spinach Pie and played around with it to create my own version.
It turned out fabulous!
1 TBSP of coconut oil or olive oil
1 small onion, minced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp of balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp of black pepper
1 tsp of oregano
1 10 oz package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/3 cup of liquid egg whites or 2 whole eggs.
1 cup of low fat cottage cheese
1/2 cup of feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Prepare pie crust or take your bought pie crust out of the refrigerator and follow the directions on the box for preparing. The one I have used is Immaculate brand and it says to let it get to room temperature for 25-30 minutes before unrolling into the pie dish.
2. Heat oil in a small pan
2. Cook the chopped onion and garlic for about 10 minutes until onions are translucent.
3. In a small bowl, add the spinach (be sure to squeeze all the water out), balsamic, oregano, cottage cheese, feta cheese, egg whites, and pepper.
4. Add the onions and garlic after soft and mix together evenly.
5. Spoon into pie crust
6. Cook for 20 minutes. The with over the crust foil or crust shield.
No related posts.