Slow Cooker Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken
I have been wanting to try a whole chicken in my slow cooker for so long. Today I did it! I can not tell you how happy I am! And the smell….oh the smell that fills the air is delish!
The chicken is SO tender that I could not even take him out of the cooker without some of his wings falling off. Can we say YUM!
1 5-6 raw whole chicken, about 5-6 pounds.
1 TBSP garlic powder
1/2 tsp of onion powder
1 TBSP Rosemary, fresh or dried
1 tsp of Thyme
1/2 tsp of pepper
1 lemon, sliced
1 onion, sliced (optional)
1. Remove the plastic baggie of neck, etc from inside the chicken.
2. Mix your spices together in a small bowl and rub the whole outside of the chicken with spice mixture.
3. Stuff the cavity of the chicken with lemon slices and onion slices.
4. Place the chicken in the slow cooker and cover.
5. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or 4-6 hours on high until meat thermometer reads 180 F. I cooked mine for 6 hours on high and it was perfect!!
Related posts:(Some of these may no longer be available)