To start satisfying my craving for Healthy Soups, yesterday I decided to make this easy Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup and it turned out so, so good.
1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped into 1-inch cubes
1 medium yellow onion, chopped.
20 baby carrots, chopped or 3 whole carrots, peeled and chopped
1 large apple, peeled and chopped
2 (14 oz) cans low sodium chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 TBSP brown sugar
Pepper to taste
1. Place onion, carrots, apple and butternut squash in the slow cooker.
2. Pour the chicken sock over these ingredients.
3. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 – 4 hours.
4. Once vegetables are cooked and soft, pour the soup into a blender and puree for about 20 seconds.
5. Pour soup back into slow cooker and then add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar and stir.