If you are looking for a new slow cooker recipe, this Angel Chicken is so, so good! Everyone I make it for loves it.
Ingredients adapted from MidWestLiving.com
3-4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
8 oz fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
2 TSP butter
1 can of cream of mushroom soup (10 3/4 oz)
1 package of Italian dry salad dressing mix
1/2 8 oz block of light cream cheese
1 cup of chicken broth
Serve with Egg Noodles, Angel Hair Pasta or Rice.
1. Place both cartons of mushrooms in the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Place chicken breasts on top of the mushrooms.
3. Melt butter in a saucepan.
4. Add the mushroom soup, Italian dressing mix, cream cheese and chicken broth and stir until everything is blended and melted into a sauce.
5. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
6. Cook on low 8-10 hours or on high for 4 -6 hours. (I actually cooked it on the longer side and it just falls apart!)
7. Serve over cooked egg noodles, angel hair pasta, or rice.