How to Start Using Coupons
Welcome to Luv a Bargain and Learning How to Start Using Coupons!!
If you are new Luv a Bargain or want to learn how to start using coupons to save a LOT of money and even get items completely FREE each month, pull up a chair and read along.
I hope you learn to have as much fun as I do seeing just how much you can save using coupons everywhere you can! It does make you feel so great to know that you have spent your hard earned money well!
Our Coupon Database is loaded with any coupon that is currently available. It is so easy to use. If you want to know if there is a coupon available for a particular product, you simply search by name or partial name. If a coupon is available, you will be told where to find it or you can print it directly from the coupon database.
To start, you will want to build your coupon stash!
- Internet Printable Coupons – There are so many places to print coupons online now. Facebook is becoming a great place to get coupons and I post them daily as I find them, but the most well known are Coupons.com, Smartsource, Redplum, and Coupon Network. You can always access these sites for FREE printable coupons from my right sidebar….just over there —–>>
- Sunday Newspapers - The Sunday Paper will have anywhere from 1 to 4 coupon inserts each week; Smartsource, Redplum, Proctor & Gamble and Unilever. Coupons can vary by region and you typically see the best coupons if you subscribe to your Sunday paper, which you can usually do relatively inexpensively. Ask your neighbors or friends for their coupon inserts if they do not use them.
Every Friday, I post what coupon inserts you will find in the upcoming Sunday paper.
- Blinkies – These are the little coupon machines you see on store shelves in front of products. You can use these anytime and at any store, not just at the store or at the time you find it. It’s best to use them during a sale to maximize savings but they are there to entice you to use them when a product is full price. The store gets their full price AND gets reimbursed for the coupon from the manufacturer. Better for them..not for us.
- Peelies – Coupons taped onto the outside of products on shelves. Again, you can use them anytime and at any store. Not just at the store or at the time you find it.
- Free Samples – A lot of times when you request a Free Sample of a product you will get a great higher value coupon along with it.
- Email Companies - Yes, you can actually email companies and ask them if they would mail you coupons. They are usually happy to do so.
You will quickly learn to be on the outlook for coupons. I have also seen them in Magazines and even Doctors and Dentist offices.
This post will give you a little more insight how to use these coupons to maximize your savings each week as well as some other strategic ways to save.
I have written this post to show you the many ways to organize all these coupons you start accumulate.
**Here are a few Tips as you get started saving with coupons:**
- Don’t be brand specific. If you are open to trying many different brands, you will save more.
- A smaller item is sometimes a much better bargain when using a coupon. You can get items for FREE or practically Free sometimes when you buy the smallest size.
- Try to shop at a store that doubles coupons. For example, I shop at our store that doubles ONLY with coupons for those items when they are on sale to get them at their cheapest, rock bottom price. Otherwise I shop at our cheapest store in town.
- Most importantly…Have FUN!! Don’t get overwhelmed. Clip and organize your coupons while watching TV. You will quickly find that you will want to use coupons on everything you buy! It doesn’t stop with the grocery store and/or drug stores either. You will also find lots of great Retail Coupons and Restaurant Coupons and Daily Deals posted here every day! Let’s save everywhere you can!!
You can now download your very own Luv a Bargain Toolbar and access the hottest deals right from your internet browser!
AND please feel free to contact me anytime with questions as you start using coupons!