Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
This time of year I am always craving anything made with pumpkin! Why is that? Not really any other time of year. Are you like that too or is it just me?
I am in love with these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins because they are actually healthier. Adding the chocolate chips only adds less 40 calories …my guess. (1 TBSP of chocolate chips I used had 80 calories and I used less than 1/2 TBSP with my 8 chips per muffin. They can, of course, be left out completely and these muffins are still absolutely delicious.
I also have started using Oat Flour a little more when I was experimenting with Gluten Free recipes. (I like Bob’s Red Mill brand).
Slightly adapted from 100daysofrealfood.com.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield 12 muffins
INGREDIENTS (I double the recipe when I make them. They go quickly or you can freeze them too.
1 cup of oat flour (or whole wheat flour if you’d like)
1 TBSP Cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/8 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup melted coconut oil (or butter will work as well but not as healthy)
1/2 cup honey (raw or local is best) TIP: if you pour the honey into the same measuring cup after the oil, it pours out much easier)
1 cup pure pumpkin
8 semi-sweet chocolate chips per muffin (Completely optional but extremely yummy!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with liners.
2. Mix all dry ingredients together is a medium size bowl.
3. Mix all wet ingredients together in another medium size bowl.
4. Gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients careful not to over mix.
5. Scoop spoonfuls of the mixture into muffin liners so they are all evenly filled. If you want to add the little extra yumminess, I add about 8 chocolate chips to each muffin….because I want to make sure I get a chip with each bite! You can gently push the chocolate chips down into the muffin with a toothpick or finger.
6. Bake for about 30 – 40 minutes or or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool 10-15 minutes before eating.
Do you have a favorite muffin recipe?
I am sharing this recipe at some of these great Weekly Linky Parties.
No related posts.