This soup is so tasty. I love broccoli and adding it to one of my favorites, Potato and Leek Soup, made it even better.
Ingredients: Adapted from a You Beauty recipe
1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 small onion, sliced
3 leeks (white part only), chopped
8 cups water
8 cubes of low sodium, no msg chicken bouillon
2 lbs of potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
4 cups broccoli, chopped
1/4 tsp Pepper
1. Add olive oil to a large pot. Add onions and garlic and saute on medium heat until onions are transparent.
2. Add chopped leeks and sauté for an additional 3 minutes.
3. Add 8 cups of water and 8 chicken bouillon cubes or 8 tsp of chicken base. (you can also use vegetable base)
4. Add potatoes and pepper and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce to simmer and cook for about 20 minutes.
6. Add cut broccoli and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
7. Put all soup ingredients in a blender and blend until pureed. You can also use an immersion blender.
No related posts.