This is a great way to spruce up a basic side dish. My mother-in-law introduced me to simply adding sauteed onions to green peas and it is such a hit.
1 lb of frozen green peas
1 large onion, chopped
2 TBSP Coconut Oil or butter (I like 1 TBSP of each)
Salt and pepper
1. Cook frozen peas for 20 minutes or until desired tenderness.
2. Melt the butter in a sauce pan and cook chopped onions on low heat until brown.
3. Drain peas and place the in a bowl or back in the pot.
4. Stir in onions and salt and pepper to taste.
Related posts:(Some of these may no longer be available)
- Cilantro Lime Chicken with Zucchini and Spinach
- Spinach Quiche Muffins
- Healthy Apple Almond Butter Muffins