I have to say I was a little skeptical of this Gluten Free Brownies recipe the first time I was making it. Chickpeas instead of flour? What? But let me tell you, they are AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME!!
They get completely devoured by everyone in my house…especially the kids! And they had no idea until I told them.
1 1/2 cups of chickpeas or 1 can of chickpeas, drained
4 Egg Whites
4 TBSP of Cocoa Powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup coconut oil (melted) or canola oil
1/3 cup of honey
1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips — you can add more if you’d like. I put closer to 1/2 cup.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 8 x 8 pan. ( I use coconut oil to do this)
3. Mix all the ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a food processor.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Pour in the greased pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
You may also like :
I am sharing this recipe at some of these great Weekly Linky Parties.