Day 11 of my 30 Days of Clean Eating Challenge. This Quinao Pilaf recipe is great and one of my favorite’s!
I made it last night and I could make a meal out of it all by itself. But I did have it with this Tipalia fish recipe and broccoli tonight.
You can easily ADD different vegetables to this recipe (Spinach, Kale, Zuccini, Squash are all good). I have even made it with diced chicken as well.
2 TBSP of coconut oil or olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 celery stalks, sliced thin
6-8 baby carrots, sliced thin
Salt and pepper to taste
1 lb. of sliced mushrooms
1 cup of quinoa
2 cups of water (you can also use 1 cup of water and 1 cup of chicken stock for a richer flavor)
1. Heat oil and then add celery, carrots, onion and garlic.
2. Cook for about 5 minutes until celery and carrots get a little tender. I prefer mine very tender but if you prefer more crunchy veggies you can add your mushrooms now.
3. Add mushrooms and cook for another 5 – 10 minutes until they reach desired tenderness.
4. Add 2 cups of water and then 1 cup of quinoa.
5. Bring to a boil and then reduce to low and cook for 20 minutes.
No related posts.