Creamy Chicken Casserole
This is comfort at it’s best for my family. I just made it the other night and I could eat it again and again and again. It’s so easy!
You can easily cook the chicken ahead of time and just assemble the casserole when ready to put in the oven.
It’s always nice to cook a few packs of chicken and freeze in separate bags for use it recipes like this and so many others.
3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup of milk (i use Fat Free)
8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1 TBSP olive oil
1 lb box of elbow macaroni – cooked
1 1/2 Cups Panko or regular bread crumbs
1. Place chicken breasts in baking dish and sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper. drizzle with olive oil.
2. Cover with foil and bake at 350 until 30-40 minutes.
3. When done, shred with a fork cut into small pieces and save broth to use.
4. In a casserole dish, mix the 2 soups, milk, cheese, cooked chicken and the broth from baked chicken (for extra flavors).
5. Then add in the cooked elbow macaroni and mix well.
6. Sprinkle the top with panko or bread crumbs and bake for 20-25 minutes.
I put my panko on a cookie sheet and broil for about 3 -5 minutes on low to get them extra crispy. Just watch very closely. It can burn quick. I usually leave the oven door cracked and stir it often.
I am sharing this recipe at some of these great Weekly Linky Parties.
No related posts.