They are SO easy and just too yummy for words.
INGREDIENTS (Adapted from Copycat Peanut Butter Eggs)
1/4 cup Almond Butter (or all-natural peanut butter)
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 TBSP virgin coconut oil
2 TBSP of cocoa powder
2 TBSP of pure maple syrup
Optional chocolate sauce version: 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, melted in microwave safe dish.
1. Mix the almond butter and powdered sugar together in a bowl until it’s a little crumbly. (add a little more powdered sugar if it is still kind of loose.
2. Roll the dough in your hands until it is thoroughly blended.
3. Pick off about 1 inch pieces of dough and roll into 8 little balls and place them on a cookie sheet.
4. Press them flat with your fingers and shape them into oval of egg shapes.
5. Place in the freezer for 1 hour.
6. Then mix the melted coconut oil, cocoa powder and maple syrup together in a bowl until it looked like chocolate syrup. OR use the optional method of 1/2 cup of chocolate chips melted in a microwave safe dish.
7. Remove the frozen almond butter and roll it in the chocolate syrup. I did this as fast a possible — 2 at a time because they start to get soft quick. You can leave the others in the freezer as you do a couple at a time as well if you prefer.
8. I just used a fork to turn them over in the chocolate syrup and place them back on the cookie sheet in the freezer to harden.
9. Continue dipping and covering in chocolate until all are done and then let them stay in the freezer again for a few minutes until the harden.
I store mine in the freezer and just grab and eat when I want one. It’s the perfect chocolate “fix” for me.
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
I am sharing this recipe at some of these great Weekly Linky Parties.
No related posts.