THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED! CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNER RENEE G.!!!
Cheerios are such a staple in our house! I can’t remember when we haven’t had them in our cabinet. I guess we are creatures of habits My daughter LOVES to have them with honey.
So when I learned there was a new addition to the Cheerios family and it included the word “chocolate” I was intrigued to say the least. I was even more excited to see that they were made with real cocoa! Chocolate Cheerios is low in fat, has only 100 calories per serving, contains at least 8 grams of whole grain per serving (at least 48 grams recommended daily) and is a good source of calcium and vitamin D.
There are even several recipes on their website using Chocolate Cheerios. One that really caught my eye was the Choolate Cheerios Marshmallow Hearts.
Chocolate Cheerios® Marshmallow Hearts
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Start to Finish: 1 Hour 45 Minutes
- 1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Chocolate Cheerios® cereal, crushed
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 bag (11.5 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 4 cups Chocolate Cheerios® cereal
- Candy sprinkles, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line bottom and sides of 13×9-inch pan with foil. In large bowl, mix all crust ingredients except marshmallows with electric mixer on low speed until crumbly. Press firmly into bottom of pan.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven. Immediately sprinkle with marshmallows. Return to oven; bake an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until marshmallows just begin to puff. Cool while preparing topping.
- In large saucepan, place all topping ingredients except cereal and sprinkles. Heat over medium-low heat just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in 4 cups cereal. Immediately spoon warm topping over marshmallows; spread to cover. Sprinkle with candy sprinkles. Cool completely, at least 1 hour.
- Using foil to lift, remove mixture from pan; remove foil. With deep 2 1/2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 18 hearts. Store loosely covered.
Giveaway ends March 10th at midnight.
Leave a comment telling us what your family does to start your day off with a smile!
~Follow my blog via Google Friend.
~Subscribe to my blog via email.
~Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. (You can enter once per day. Be sure to leave me the link to your tweet). RT @luvbargains Chocolate Cheerios Prize Pack Giveaway http://bit.ly/aFEkDr
~Place my button on your blog.
~Become a Fan of Luv a Bargain on Facebook
~For 2 Extra Entries, Blog about this giveaway and link back to this post.
Disclaimer: All products, information and the giveaway have all been provided by Cheerios through My Blog Spark. I received a prize pack to review. I did not receive any other compensation for my opinion. All opinions are 100% my own.