This Chicken Chili Recipe is seriously one of the best! It’s a colorful blend of veggies and 2 special, secret ingredients that I think just make it! It reminds me of a Mexican Mole sauce.
5 TBSP Olive Oil
1 Large Onion, chopped
5 cloves of Garlic
2 Sweet Red Bell Peppers (or 1 Red and one Yellow), seeded, cored and diced.
2 Jalapeno Pepper, seeded and minced
3 TBSP of Chili Powder
1 tsp of Cumin
Pinch of Cinnamon (*secret ingredient #1)
1/4 tsp of Black Pepper
3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
(1) 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
(1) 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
(2) 15 oz cans of low sodium Northern White Beans
1 cup of beer
1/4 cup of grated unsweetened chocolate (*secret ingredient #2)
Light Sour Cream or Plain Yogurt
Grated Cheddar Cheese
1. Bake Chicken Breasts in 2 TBSP of Olive Oil at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
2. Heat 3 TBSP of olive oil in cooking pot. Add the onion and garlic and saute about 10 minutes.
3. Add the bell peppers and jalapeno peppers and saute another 10 minutes.
4. Stir in Chili powder, cumin, cinnamon and pepper.
5. When chicken is done, shred or cut into 1 inch pieces.
6. Add the chicken, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes and beer to the pot and stir to combine.
7. Simmer over medium heat for about 20-30 minutes.
8. Stir in grated chocolate.
Garnish with your favorite toppings. ENJOY!
I am sharing this recipe at some of these great Weekly Linky Parties.